Team Dashboards is pretty cool. We've connected a raspberry pi to a TV and our WiFi, logged in as an agent and then just "Presented the dashboard" to keep the dashboard open and viewable to the office all the time which people (especially management + visitors) really like to see.
However, I've noticed some limitations. Do other people have the same issues too and agree with the suggestions?
Let's show Freshdesk we want more from this feature! Feel free to add your own thoughts too
1. Having to login as an agent to view the dashboard is bit of a security risk.
- In my described example (will be similar for everyone else too) you're just a connected keyboard and mouse away from having total access to the agent's FD access. Not good.
- It would be better if you could generate a URL from your helpdesk for a dashboard or something. That way anyone with a smart TV/internet connected device could to that URL and have a read-only view but without any access to the rest of the helpdesk.
2. When a dashboard is "Presented" it doesn't update in real time
- We noticed during testing that the dashboard does update whilst being presented but it's not totally up to date all the time and is a but unpredicatable. It needs to be exited/re-presented to have a 100% accurate display again.
- When asked, FD told me the intended purpose of the Present button is more for meetings etc than for open/constant use like we have done.
3. There's no control over the autoscrolling between dashboards
- We have no way to stop or control the autoscroll between dashboards an agent can view.
- When you consider point 2, this automatic scrolling is quite contradictory. If you're in a meeting showing some figures...every 10 seconds or so the screen changes to the next dashboard.
I do like the ideas above. I'd be interested too in being able to scale the widget and choose the layout as we can do with the analytics reports.
An extra cool feature would be to have the ability to add a logo somewhere.
5 months ago
We appreciate you, sharing your brilliant ideas on enhancing the team dashboard functionality.
At present, the dashboards as well as a report in Analytics require an agent with the right access to be logged in to have them presented. We are happy to explore the possibilities of having this generated as a 'view-only' link. We are also working on having the widgets render data, close to real-time and the ones on a custom dashboard to be flexible similar to the widgets in Analytics in terms of visualization.
We have quite a number of customers requesting for a similar option to pause the 'presentation' and also to incorporate the organization's logo in the exported/presented report in Analytics. This has been passed on to our product managers and please feel free to follow our release notes for more updates on this.
Comments to this discussion are now closed!
Sign up for Freshdesk today
Start your 21-day free trial. No credit card required. No strings attached.