I have FreshDesk and FreshChat. The chat widgets and help widgets are great, both have their pros and cons but I feel currently I cannot get the best out of either of them.
If I use the FreshDesk widget:
This gives me access to:
- the knowledge base so customers can self serve.
- a contact form with Ticket Fields so my visitors can select a reason for contacting me.
- I can use automations to categorise the ticket.
If I use the FreshChat widget:
- I can again have a knowledge base (although it is called FAQs) so customers can self serve.
- I can have live chat during office hours
- Out of hours the FAQs can still be visible and any chats are converted into tickets.
- The problem is that I cannot insert a Ticket Field into the widget as I can with the FreshDesk widget, so converted tickets are not categorised.
A scenario I have considered, although it feels a bit messy, is to use the FreshChat widget during office hours and the FreshDesk widget during out of office hours. If a fully integrated widget cannot be developed maybe a switcher could?
I also find it odd that you have to sync FreshDesk KB with the FreshChat FAQs rather than just making the FreshDesk KB available to FreshChat.
I also like this request as well. I was wondering if there is some way that a person could customize one of the Widgets to allow for the combination of both? Perhaps a customization to the Freshdesk widgets to allow for chat to appear as a bubble to contact us?
I believe that the widget here, has a contact us bubble, it would be great if there is a way to have a live chat bubble that would then load the chat widget within the widget. I think that may create a way to have all contact methods in one place at least. Something like this:
I could then see adding a functionality to disable the chat when no one is online to answer the chats.