Note: This feature is currently not available on Freshdesk Mint.
In addition to answering support queries that come in to provide reactive support, your agents can also initiate chat with a visitor and engage with them proactively. For example, if a visitor has been lingering in your pricing page for a long time he is probably confused about which plan to choose. To help him out, your agents can jump in and start a chat with him or you can make the chat window pop up on his screen so he can ask for help.
Please note that the pre-chat form will not be visible to these visitors.
Quick guide to enable Automatic pop chat
This is a form of proactive chat, wherein the live chat window will pop up after a certain time based on your settings. This saves them the trouble of entering their details (name, email id etc), resulting in a higher chance of getting the visitor to get in conversation with the agent.
Log into your portal as an administrator.
- Under the Admin tab, click on the Live chat icon.
- In the preferences tab, scroll down to the last section to see the proactive chat option.
Enable it and select the time gap after which your chat window will pop up for the visitor.
- Remember to Save the changes.
Quick guide for agents to initialize chat with visitors
Agents can step in and offer help even before visitors reach out for help.
Login to your portal.
- In the live chat widget at the bottom of the screen, click on the chat icon
- You will be able to see your top five recent chat conversations, as well as a ticker that displays new and returning visitors
- Click on the ticker that shows the new and returning visitors, you will be directed to the dashboard where you pick a visitor and start chatting.
Please note that you can get these details through the live chat dashboard too.