Note: This feature is currently not available on Freshdesk Mint.
By integrating your Freshdesk account with your Google Apps account, not only can your agents sign into the helpdesk with their Google accounts but you can also easily integrate your Calenders to Freshdesk, with no hassle. Please note that you can integrate your Google Apps account with your helpdesk only if you're the Account Admin for both. The Gmail Gadget is available as a separate app in the Google Marketplace. Here's how you integrate Freshdesk with your Google Apps account:
- Log into admin.google.com (alternatively, you can also download the app from the Chrome Webstore; please note that you have to be an Account Admin for both Google Apps and Freshdesk). If you've already downloaded Freshdesk from the old marketplace, please uninstall the old version before proceeding.
- Click on Manage Marketplace Apps. This will show you the list of apps that you've added. The Add a New App button is the curved rectangle to your right, the first icon in the row.
- Search for Freshdesk. Install the app and grant Freshdesk access to some of your domain data.
- Once you're done installing, go to the app's settings (in the marketplace). Click on the http://login.freshdesk.com/marketplace/login URL. It'll take you to a screen where it will ask you to enter your Freshdesk credentials to authenticate yourself. (If you have a custom domain, you can enter your original freshdesk URL here.)
- And you're done. Now, you (and everyone else with an account in your Google Apps domain) can sign into your helpdesk with a Google account, with ease.