The Five9 app for Freshdesk allows agents to make phone calls right from their helpdesk, record those conversations, and convert them into tickets easily.
To install this app, users will need to do 3 things:
- Enable “Mixed Content” in their browser to allow the app to connect to Five9
- Install the browser extension for the Five9 app
- Install the app in their helpdesk.
1. Enabling Mixed Content:
Follow the steps below to enable Mixed Content in your browser:
- In Firefox, go to the (URL) address bar and type in "about:config" and press the Enter.
- Inside the "about:config" window screen, click on the 'I'll be careful, I promise!'.
- Locate and click on the "security.mixed_content.block_active_content" line.Right Click and then press toggle button to set the value as false.
- Go to Settings --> Internet Option and Click on Security Tab
- Click "Custom Level" button.
- Scroll to Miscellaneous area and under display mixed content click Enable.
- When you are on a Freshdesk page, a shield icon will appear in the address bar. Click on it.
- Click "Load Unsafe Scripts" button.
2. Install the Browser Integration
To install the browser integration
- Download JRE8 from this link for your OS. Once downloaded, open the file and follow the instructions on screen to install JRE8 on your machine.
- Once JRE8 is installed, login to your Five9 account, click on “CRM Integrations” in the main page. Scroll down and download “Five9 Agent Desktop Toolkit”. This will download a JNLP file.
- Open the JNLP file and follow the instructions on screen. This will install the “Agent Desktop Toolkit” in your browser.
- If you are using Google Chrome, once you are done installing the JNLP file, install the Five9 Agent Desktop Toolkit from the Extensions store
3. Install the app in your helpdesk
- Login to your helpdesk
- Navigate to Admin → Apps → Get More Apps → Five9
Click on the “Install” button.
Now, when you click on the Five9 logo in your browser extension bar, the Five9 toolbar will pop up on the side of your current window.
Login using your Five9 details - you will need your username, password, station name and type
Once you login, you will find that the Five9 toolbar contains the options for you to make a call, listen to voicemails received, set up Do-not-call lists and more.
Installing the app in Freshdesk also gives you a way to easily access details of the call in session. You can bring this information up by clicking on the Five9 button in the bottom right of your helpdesk window. This will bring up information such as Name of the person called, their Company, contact details like phone numbers, and the support ticket that the call has been associated with.
When you hang up on a call, you will automatically be given the option to
- Associate the call details to an existing ticket using Save to an existing ticket or save as a new ticket using Save as new ticket option.
- If you do not want to associate the call, click Do not convert to Ticket.
Adding a Note:
While you are on a call, you'll find that a Note icon exists next to the Five9 call widget on the Freshdesk Dashboard. This will allow you to take notes regarding the conversation.
Once the call ends, Freshdesk will present you with the option to associate the call with a new or an existing ticket. In-call notes taken will be available for editing on the “Convert to Ticket” widget and added as Public or Private note based on Admin setting.