Robo Assist (RPA Connectors) is a feature that helps agents execute lengthy and repetitive customer support processes with a single click.
Each process automation is mapped to a workflow that can be executed by the agent within the ticket interface. The process automation can access multiple backend systems and perform actions to save agents’ time.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Viewing available process automations
Here's how you can view the available process automations for a particular ticket.
- Login to your Freshdesk account as an Agent.
- Select the applicable ticket and open the ticket details page.
- In the top bar, select 'Robo Assist'.
- In the panel on the right-hand side of the screen, view a list of all the process automations available under the ‘All processes’ list.
- You can either scroll to the process automation you wish to select or search for it using the search bar.
Applying a process automation to a ticket
Here's how to apply a process automation to a ticket.
- To execute a process automation, select the correct automation from the list of available automations.
- Fill in the required input parameters specific to the process that is being executed and click on the ‘Execute’ button.
Note: Once executed, you should see a flash message appear at the top of the screen that confirms that the process has been triggered. The agent is then free to work on other tickets while the process executes itself automatically.
Tracking the progress of a process execution
Here's how to track the progress of a process execution.
- Once you execute a process automation, you can track the status of its completion on the same screen.
- As soon as the process is executed, you will notice an ‘Executed processes’ list show up on top of the ‘All processes’ list on the right-hand side. This list of executed processes reflects the process automation history for that particular ticket.
Note: The status of the process automation triggered by you is shown next to the title of the automation. The status can be any of ‘In progress’, ‘Completed’, or ‘Failed’ based on the outcome of the automation process.
- To view more details about the process, click on the drop-down titled ‘More’ at the bottom right of the title card listing the process.
- In order to view the updated status, you can click on the ‘Refresh’ button next to the ‘Executed processes’ list.
- If an update is available, the status of the process will change and be displayed accordingly.