By default, Freshdesk offers a wildcard SSL for all users who have a support portal on a freshdesk.com domain. This can be used as long as you continue to use the default Freshdesk URL you signed up with (for example, yourcompany.freshdesk.com). However, the default SSL does not work when you've linked a custom domain name to your support portal (for example, support.yourcompany.com).
For setting up a custom SSL certificate for your domain, you will need access to your domain control panel in order to add a DNS record to your custom domain.
Setting up custom SSL on your support portal:
- SSL options for custom domains are available from the Blossom Plan. If you want to purchase an SSL certificate, please write to us at email@example.com, and our support team will get back to you with further information.
- Once you receive the email, please follow the instructions within to confirm your request for an SSL certificate.
- Once done, wait for a few days and check for an update on the Admin> Security page. Once your certification is approved and done, you should see a screen with the following dialogue:
- Copy and paste the ELB name provided and create a DNS record with it in your domain control panel. If you do not know how to do this, please get in touch with your network administrator.
- Click Save to set up your Custom SSL from Freshdesk's end.
- Once your DNS change is propagated (can take about 24 to 72 hours), you should be able to see a lock icon on your address bar whenever you visit your support portal.
Note : The custom SSL certificate will work only as long as your support URL and the URL you mentioned while submitting the request are the same. In case you reconfigure your Freshdesk to point to a different domain, your connection will no longer be secure.