We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
With Freshdesk, you can compose and send customers your rich-text replies by clicking Reply in the ticket. This, depending on the source of the ticket, pulls up a textbox that lets you format your reply, bullet your instructions, insert solution articles, insert canned responses, attach files, bold/italicize important phrases, and much more. The options in the textbox depend on the source of the ticket because certain channels, like Twitter or Facebook, do not allow formatted replies.
A quick guide to replying to a ticket
- Click on Reply within the ticket.
- Type in the message in the rich text editor and do the necessary formatting.
- Fill out the cc or bcc fields if necessary.
- Attach a file if required by clicking on the Attach file icon. A dialogue box pops up which lets you browse through and choose the files; click Open after selecting the files you need.
- Alternatively, you can also paste an image inline, in your response. By default, links to these images are public. This is to ensure that the images are accessible when sent via emails. If images are to be made accessible only for valid sessions and not publicly, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once done, you can click Send to send out your reply.
- You can quickly change the status of the ticket just as you’re sending your reply. Click the arrow button next to the 'Send' button to view a drop-down menu with multiple send and set as <status>.
- Click Cancel to revert.
Have you ever typed out a really long email to a customer only for your browser to crash, taking your reply with it? In Freshdesk, your replies are automatically saved (approximately 30 seconds after you type) as drafts even as you type them. This way, even if your browser gives up on you, your helpdesk won't.
Note: Saved drafts are automatically deleted 24 hours from when they are last saved.
Omnichannel conversationAgents can seamlessly switch between support channels (email, chat, phone, Twitter, etc,) from the ticket details page.
The ‘Source’ of every reply/note will be shown to identify and reply via the respective channel.
While replying to a ticket, the agent can choose the preferred channel through which the reply should go through.
For every customer response/note, the channel ‘source’ will be displayed to help agents identify and respond through the respective channel. Agents can also choose their preferred channel to send their responses.
To reply via any preferred channel:
1. Go to the ticket details page of a ticket
2. Click on ‘Reply via’ near the reply window
3. Select the required channel
4. Type the content and click Send
With omnichannel conversations, agents can save time and effort by supporting customers on any channel from a single screen.
The ticket page will also have the conversation history to provide agents with a complete context of the customer's previous interactions across channels. Agents can refer to the troubleshooting steps taken by the former agent and avoid asking repetitive questions to the customer.
Note: Omnichannel reply option is available only for the omnichannel plans.
Clicked on ‘Send’ even before the email was ready to go out to the customer? If you’re on the Blossom or above plan, you can use the ‘Undo Send’ button within 10 seconds of replying to stop it from going out.
Agents will have to enable this option by clicking on their profile picture icon on the top right corner > Profile settings and then toggle the feature ON:
Once this is enabled, agents will start seeing the Undo option in the reply panel after they send out replies. The ‘Undo’ option is available only when you use the 'Send option for replies.
Note: The ‘Undo’ option does not update any properties.
Additionally, for adding email signatures in your replies, you can refer to this link.
Reply font options:
You can set up a default font for the agent portal from Admin > Account > Helpdesk Settings.
Add code snippets in your replies:
Wherever the text field editor is present — The Code block option allows agents to add and highlight code snippets in their replies/ notes/ forwards.
How to quickly navigate and reply to tickets in the list you are viewing
For example, if you replying to a ticket from the list view My Open and Pending Tickets, click on the quick view icon on the top right. You will be able to see the first 30 tickets of a particular view.
- Choose a ticket from the list to reply.
- Every ticket in the list displays the Source, Ticket id, Requester name, and Priority.
- If it’s an Open ticket - you will be able to see when the ticket was created and the First response due.
- The current ticket you are replying/viewing would be highlighted.