The Salesforce app allows agents to view, edit and create Freshdesk tickets from inside Salesforce, and also to view Salesforce contact information inside Freshdesk.
The Freshdesk for Salesforce app is publicly available in the Salesforce Appexchange and can be used with Enterprise edition and above. Please note that only Salesforce Admins can install the Freshdesk-Salesforce package.
- Login to Salesforce Appexchange with your Salesforce credentials.
- Search for Freshdesk and once you locate it, click on the Get it now button.
- Click on the Install in Production button in the next screen.
- Confirm the installation after agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will be asked to login to your Salesforce account.
- Depending on your use case, you can choose to install Freshdesk for everyone or just for the Admins. You can also choose specific profiles to whom Freshdesk tickets should be shown.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be taken to the Installed Packages page.
- In the side bar on the left, go to Security Controls > Remote Site Settings
- Create a new remote site and fill in information about your Freshdesk account like its URL and name and save it. The Remote Site Name must only have letters, numbers and/or underscores. Also, the Remote Site URL must start with "http://" or "https://"
- Now, click on the '+' button in the menu bar to open all tabs and click on Freshdesk.
Enter your Freshdesk URL and your API key to configure your account.
- To get your API key, in Freshdesk, click on your profile picture on the top right corner, then on the Profile Settings option. The API key can be seen on the right below the change password option.
Creating Page Layouts
- Now, click on Setup on the top right corner next to your name.
- Go to Build > Customize > Contacts > Page Layouts available on the left side of the setup page.
- In the layouts listed, click on Edit next to Contact Layout
- Drag and drop Section available under Fields in the Contact Layout window on top, to the Contact Sample page. This section is where you will see Ticket from Freshdesk in your Contacts page.
- Name the section as Freshdesk tickets.
- Now drag and drop ContactsFreshdesk available under Visualforce Pages on the newly created section.
- Click on the Settings icon on the ContactsFreshdesk section and enable scrolling.
- Click on the Save button in the Contact Layout window.
- Now in your Contacts page, you can see the tickets raised in Freshdesk by your contacts.
- To view or edit the ticket, click on the individual ticket, and this will be the view. Please note that, to update a ticket or to add a note from Salesforce, the logged in Salesforce user must be a valid agent in Freshdesk.
- To see the tickets in the Leads page or the Accounts page, you can repeat these steps by going to Setup > Customize > Leads > Page Layouts and Setup > Customize > Accounts > Page Layouts.
- You can also create a new ticket in the Contact's name. Or add notes to existing ones.
Quick guide to bring Salesforce information to Freshdesk:
- Login to your Freshdesk account as an administrator.
- Go to Admin > Helpdesk Productivity > Apps > Get More Apps.
- Select Salesforce from the list and click on Install.
- You will be asked to enter your Salesforce credentials.
- Under Salesforce Settings, you can choose the Contact, Lead and Account Fields that you would like to import from Salesforce.
- Once done, click on Update.
- Now when a customer raising a ticket is a lead/contact in Salesforce, the corresponding fields can be seen in their tickets.
Uninstalling the old version of the Freshdesk app
If you've installed the old version (release date of new version is 1/29/2015) in your Salesforce, here's how to remove it:
- Go to Build > Customize > Contacts > Page Layouts
- Click Edit next to the layout in which you had included Freshdesk Tickets section.
- Click on the Remove button in the LeadsFreshdesk section and then on the Freshdesk Tickets section.
- Save this layout. Follow the same steps to remove the Freshdesk section from Contacts and Accounts too.
- Then go to Setup > Build > Installed Packages, locate Freshdesk and click Uninstall.
- You can choose to save the Package data for 48 hours
- Click on the "Yes, I want to uninstall.." checkbox and hit the uninstall button.
Now your old version of Freshdesk app for Sales force will be removed. You can install it again by following the instructions in the beginning of this article.
Salesforce integration on Sandbox
User information is included in a sandbox copy or refresh for all sandbox types. Since all Salesforce usernames must be unique and refer to a single organization, all copied usernames are modified to ensure uniqueness during the copy process.
For each username, the copy process applies modifications as necessary to generate a unique, new username:
1. First, the sandbox name is appended to the username. For example, the username email@example.com for a sandbox named test becomes firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If the resulting username is not unique, a second modification is performed in which a number of characters and digits are prepended to the modified username. This second modification may result in a username such as00x7Vquser@acme.com.test.
Unfortunately since this is related to Salesforce we do not have more information on this. If you are facing an issue with Sandbox, please contact Salesforce support.