Managing field employees and service tasks
Once a service task is created, the field technician to whom the service task is assigned will receive a notification on the Freshdesk mobile app. Field service representatives can view the list of service tasks assigned to them or your service groups, on logging in. The service tasks are sorted by appointment times.
Viewing service tasks
Once a field technician logs in, all open service tasks appear in a list view. Service tasks can be filtered by status in the list view. All notifications can be viewed by clicking on the ‘bell’ icon on the top header. The ‘Account’ icon in the top right corner allow management of ticket notifications, contacting support and signing out of the mobile app.
Service task operations
Locating the customer
Once a service task is opened, you can view the reported issue and act on it. The blue colored locate icon will help navigate to the customer site using google maps or any other map application.
Calling the customer
Once the service task is opened, the green colored call icon will help you call the customer to clarify the problem, confirm availability or ask for directions.
Responding to, and updating the service task
To respond to a service task, click on the floating action button at the bottom of the screen.
Clicking on ‘Update status’ will let you change the status of the ticket. Clicking on ‘Message support’ will allow you to respond to the helpdesk agent with details about the issue. While responding to a service task, field technicians can attach images to the response.
In the Mobile App, navigate to Settings > Ticket Notifications. Here, you can manage the push notifications you would like to receive, by Turning On/Off the listed options.
You can manage notifications for the following activities:
Status update on a service task
Service task assigned
New reply on a service task
Freshdesk on the web for Field Technicians
Field technicians can also log on to the web version of Freshdesk. However, due to their role, their access to the Freshdesk solution will be very restricted.
Any field technician logging on to the web version of Freshdesk will be able to access the following:
- A dashboard that shows their performance metrics such as
- Number of unresolved service tasks
- Number of overdue tasks
- Number of tasks due today
- Number of tasks open
- Number of tasks on hold
- A to-do widget where they can easily add and keep track of tasks to do
- A Leaderboard showcasing high performing field technicians and
- Current customer satisfaction ratings
- The list of Service Tasks assigned to them with a view of their statuses, appointment details, and individual task details
- Solution articles published on your support portal
- Canned Responses to make it easier to provide status updates to helpdesk agents and
- Scenario Automations in case your field technicians want to automate some aspects of their daily tasks.