With Freshdesk, you can compose and send customers your rich-text replies by clicking Reply in the ticket. This, depending on the source of the ticket, pulls up a textbox that lets you format your reply, bullet your instructions, insert solution articles, insert canned responses, attach files, bold/italicize important phrases and much more. The options in the textbox depend on the source of the ticket because certain channels, like Twitter or Facebook, do not allow formatted replies.
A quick guide to replying to a ticket
- Click on Reply within the ticket.
- Type in the message in the rich text editor and do the necessary formatting.
- Fill out the cc or bcc fields if necessary.
- Attach a file if required by clicking on the Attach file icon. A dialogue box pops up which lets you browse through and choose the files; click Open after selecting the files you need.
- Alternatively, you can also paste an image inline, in your response. By default, links to these images are public. This is to ensure that the images are accessible when sent via emails. If images are to be made accessible only for valid sessions and not publicly, please write to email@example.com.
- Once done, you can click Send to send out your reply.
- You can quickly change the status of the ticket just as you’re sending your reply. Click the arrow button next to the 'Send' button to view a drop-down menu with multiple send and set as <status>.
- Click Cancel to revert.
Have you ever typed out a really long email to a customer only for your browser to crash, taking your reply with it? In Freshdesk, your replies are automatically saved (approximately 30 seconds after you type) as drafts even as you type them. This way, even if your browser gives up on you, your helpdesk won't.
Note: Saved drafts are automatically deleted 24 hours from when they are last saved.
Clicked on ‘Send’ even before the email was ready to go out to the customer? If you’re on the Blossom or above plan, you can use the ‘Undo Send’ button within 10 seconds of replying to stop it from going out.
Agents will have to enable this option by clicking on their profile picture icon on the top right corner > Profile settings and then toggle the feature ON:
Once this is enabled, agents will start seeing the Undo option in the reply panel after they send out replies. The ‘Undo’ option is available only when you use the 'Send option for replies.
Note: The ‘Undo’ option does not update any properties.
Additionally, for adding email signatures in your replies, you can refer to this link.
Reset to Default Font:
With this option, you can clear format and set to it your company’s default font size and style. Additionally, the Reset to default font option would modify just the font family and size based on the default settings and not strip off any links or other formatting.
To know how to set up custom default font size and style for your company, read here.
Add code snippets in your replies:
Wherever the text field editor is present — The Code block option allows agents to add and highlight code snippets in their replies/ notes/ forwards.
How to quickly navigate and reply to tickets in the list you are viewing
For example, if you replying to a ticket from the list view My Open and Pending Tickets, click on the quick view icon on the top right. You will be able to see the first 30 tickets of a particular view.
Choose a ticket from the list to reply.
Every ticket in the list displays the Source, Ticket id, Requester name, and Priority.
If it’s an Open ticket - you will be able to see when the ticket was created and First response due.
The current ticket you are replying/viewing would be highlighted.