With the Freshdesk help widget, you can embed solution articles and a contact form within your website or product. When your customers need help, they can open the widget to search through solution articles or to submit a ticket. You can watch this video to learn how to set up the help widget or read more about setting up the help widget here.
You can show a contact form and embed solution articles on your Wix site with the Freshdesk help widget. You'll need to upgrade to a Wix premium plan and connect a domain to your Wix site before you can embed the widget code. You'll also need to have a Freshdesk account with the help widget enabled.
1. Setting up the widget in your Freshdesk account
- Login to your Freshdesk account and go to Admin > Support Channels > Widgets. If you can't see widgets under support channels, please email email@example.com.
- You can set up channels (a ticket form or solution articles or both) that need to appear on the widget, and customize its appearance. To learn more about these options, you can read these solution articles.
- Once you've set up the widget, you can go to the Embed code tab and copy the code. Here's a sample embed code:
2. Embedding the widget in your Wix website
- Log in to your Wix account. On the sidebar, select Settings and scroll down to Advanced Settings > Tracking & Analytics.
- Click on +New Tool (1) and select </> Custom (2) from the dropdown.
- Alternatively, you can directly click on </> Custom (3).
In the window that opens:
- Paste the embed code that you copied from the widget settings page in the field named Paste the code snippet here (1).
- Enter a Name (2) of your choice. The name is just for your reference, so you can name it whatever you want.
- The Add Code to Pages (3) field lets you choose the pages on which you want to show the widget. You can choose between loading the widget on all pages or just certain pages. If you want it for all pages, we recommend that you pick Load code once from the dropdown.
- Select Body - End (4) and click Apply (5).
- When your customers visit your website, they will now be able to see the Freshdesk help widget.