We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
If you are using Freshdesk Omnichannel to support customers on Freshchat and Freshdesk, you can now centrally manage knowledge base articles for both channels from within Freshdesk. You can curate folders or articles in Freshdesk and make them accessible across chat, web, or even bot suggestions.
Creating a shared Knowledge base folder
You can create a folder for all your self-service content and make it accessible for both Freshdesk and Freshchat channels. Here's how you do it:
- Go to Solutions > New folder
- Click on the icon next to "New Folder" and upload an appropriate image for your folder, if needed.
- Enter an appropriate name and description for the folder you are creating.
- Set the Visibile to as All Users because only the content that is visible to all users can be shared.
- Switch the toggle for Available on chat platforms and select the channels you want the articles to be available on, which are,
- Web widget
- Please add appropriate tags to the folders. This can be used to filter FAQs and directly launch a specific FAQ or a list of FAQs on the Freshchat widget. The tags can be keywords that can be used as parameters in Freshchat code snippets to provide best suggestions to users when they search for specific information.
- Click Save
Creating a shared article
- Go to Solutions > New article
- Name the article.
- You can write the article and format the content in the rich text editor or using the HTML editor.
- Note: The following tags will not be supported in the HTML editor: <script>, <style>; form-related tags like <form>, <input>, <select> and event attributes like onclick, onmouseover
- On the right pane, under the Article Properties section, give appropriate tags to your article, and also the platforms you want your articles to be available on, like, Web widget, iOS, Android.
Once you fill this up, click on Save if you still need to work on it. This will save the article as a draft and will be available in your drafts folder. Click on Publish if you wish to publish the solution article.