Optimizing your solution articles for search engines
Modified on: Wed, 25 Sep, 2019 at 3:47 PM
We will be replacing the older version of Freshdesk with the new Mint experience on January 31, 2019. All your data and configurations will remain intact. Switching back to the old Freshdesk will not be possible.
To read about this feature on Freshdesk Mint, refer to this article instead
This feature is currently not available on Freshdesk Mint.
This feature is not available on the old Freshdesk.
Apart from allowing you to format your solution articles in rich text, Freshdesk also lets you customize their meta information. That way, you can optimize your Knowledge Base for search engines and make sure that they rank better on Google.
The easiest way to do this is to fill out the SEO information every time you write a solution article. In case you have already populated your Knowledge Base, you can go through a one-time activity where you optimize all your existing solution articles. Making this a process would help you achieve more organic traffic for your KBase and in return more engagement on your support portal.
It also helps if your meta information is in accordance to the best practices for Google optimization.
Quick guide to optimizing your knowledge base for search engines:
- Go to Solutions.
- Browse through your solution articles to find an existing one, or create a new one yourself.
- Once you are on the New Article page, you will find that the Search engine optimisation tab is available under the Article Properties panel.
- Type in a Title that is not longer than 50-60 characters (recommended).
- Type in a Description that has a maximum length of 150-160 characters (recommended).
- Specify relevant keywords you want to use with the solution article.
- Click Save.
Note: The meta tag details for any of your articles will not be pre-populated by default.
If you are on the Estate plan or above, you can add meta information to your support portal so that it can be found easily using search engines. To do this,
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?