While you're busy collaborating with your co-workers on Microsoft Teams, you might miss out on important ticket updates in Freshdesk.
With the Freshdesk-Microsoft Teams integration , you'll receive instant notifications on Teams whenever there's an update on the tickets assigned to you in Freshdesk. These notifications will show up as conversations with the Freshdesk bot, and you'll be able to add quick replies or notes to your tickets directly from Teams.
How do I set up the Microsoft Teams integration?
To get started with the integration, you would need to install the apps in both Freshdesk and Microsoft Teams.
Installing Microsoft Teams inside Freshdesk
Login to your support portal as an administrator.
Under the Admin tab, navigate to Support Operations > Apps .
Click on Get More Apps . Search and select Microsoft Teams .
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft login page. Enter your Microsoft account credentials and authorize the connection with Freshdesk.
- Once the admin does this, the agents who are logged into Freshdesk with the same Microsoft account they use on Teams will be linked automatically.
- Agents who use different email addresses on Freshdesk and Teams will need to manually link their ID to set up the connection. This can be done in the following way:
- Login to Freshdesk as an agent.
- Click on the profile icon and go to Profile Settings .
- On the right side of the screen, you'll notice a block that says ' Connect to Microsoft Teams '.
Click on Authorize . You will be redirected to the Microsoft login page.
Enter the Microsoft ID you want to associate with your Freshdesk email. Once you do this, you would have successfully linked your agent account with Teams.
Once this setup is complete, you can start receiving ticket notifications on Microsoft Teams by installing the Freshdesk bot.
Installing the Freshdesk Bot inside Microsoft Teams
Login to Microsoft Teams. Click on the Store icon and navigate to Bots .
Find the Freshdesk bot and click Install . You can also install the bot directly from this link .
- After installing the Freshdesk bot, all notifications on the tickets assigned to you in Freshdesk will be sent right here.
How does the integration work?
While you're talking to your co-workers on Microsoft Teams, you'll receive a variety of ticket updates from the Freshdesk bot. These updates include:
Changes in ticket priority
New ticket assigned to you
New customer reply to an existing ticket
Private note added to a ticket
Public note added to a ticket
An important thing to keep in mind is that you will be notified of the above events only if the ticket is assigned to you or if you've been added as a watcher on that ticket. Please also note that you won't receive the new ticket event notification if you assign the ticket to yourself.
Adding replies / notes to tickets directly from Teams
Every time you get a notification from the Freshdesk bot on a customer reply or a private / public note, you'll be able to respond to these updates directly from Teams. Using these quick actions, you can directly send a reply to the customer or send a new note to your teammates.
In the scenario where an agent has been removed and added back to Freshdesk, and they are unable to access notifications from the Freshdesk bot in Microsoft Teams, please ask the agent to use the command "Connect" in a one-on-one conversation with the Freshdesk bot.