To install the Harvest app for Freshdesk, follow these steps:
- Login to your Freshdesk portal.
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Go to Helpdesk Productivity → Apps → Get More Apps.
- Locate Harvest and click on Install.
- Type in your domain name, and the text that you want to be appended as a note (Remember that this is optional but you could have your ticket id or subject here, for example).
- Click on Install and this will integrate your Freshdesk account with Harvest.
Now you can add your time tracking entry into Harvest. You can choose to update your time entries in Harvest, when you Add Time manually for a particular ticket from the Ticket Details page. Just remember that you can click on ‘remember me’, so that you do not have to type in your Harvest credentials each time.
1. During the installation, I am getting an error message 'Invalid URL Format' while entering the URL. Why?
A : Please make sure you enter only the Harvest domain name. For eg, if your harvest URL is pirates.harvestapp.com, you should be entering only 'pirates'.
2. I am getting a popup that says 'Username or password invalid for Harvest' when I hit the 'Add Time' option inside a ticket.
A : This could be because of the password not being updated inside Freshdesk. You can try updating the password in the Harvest app and then try updating that password in Freshdesk. Please follow the steps below to update the password in the Harvest app:
Go to your Profile Menu (top right corner) and choose 'My Profile'
Go to the Security tab and click on 'Change Your Password'
Enter a password and confirm it
Save your password
3. Is it possible to show the exact start and stop time ?
A : No, only the duration of the time will be shown.