Ticket scopes determine the tickets in your Freshdesk that an agent has access to. With Advanced Ticket Scope, you
With Advanced ticket scope, you can
- Choose groups where an agent can edit tickets
- Choose groups where an agent can only view tickets
When agents have only view access to tickets assigned to certain groups, they can
- Access a read-only version of the ticket conversation, including ticket properties.
- Add a private note and notify other agents.
- Print the ticket.
- Create a child ticket.
- Create a service task.
- Send a broadcast message if it's a tracker ticket.
- Use Freshconnect to initiate messages from the ticket to collaborators.
If an agent has edit access to group A and read access to group B:
- The agent will only see group A's ticket when they choose "My groups" in the tickets list filter.
- Only group A's metrics will show in their dashboard.
- Agents cannot be assigned to tickets in the billing group.
- If a list view where the group's filters include both "Support" and "Billing", Joanna will be able to edit only the Support group's tickets.
- Bulk actions will let them choose only tickets where they have edit access.
For a detailed guide on how to add a support agent, refer to this article.