We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
To set up Shared Ownership, you need to map internal groups to corresponding ticket statuses based on your workflow.
How to map internal groups to a ticket status
- Login to your support portal as an Admin.
- Go to Admin > Workflows > Ticket Fields > Status to view the list of all your ticket statuses.
- Excluding the four default status values - Open, Pending, Resolved and Closed - you can map each of the custom statuses created to a set of groups by entering them under Mapped Internal Groups.
- To add a custom status, click on the Add a choice textbox to enter the details for the status there.
- Make sure to include Customer Responded as one of your custom statuses. Map all internal groups to this status. By doing so, you make sure that even when the customer responds, the ticket still stays in your agent’s ticket view.
- Please note that you also need to make sure that all of your agents, both primary and internal, add Customer Responded as a status in their ticket views for the ticket to be visible to everyone.
- When you’re done mapping all the statuses to their respective internal groups, click on Save field.
How to set up Shared Ownership
For a new ticket:
- Click on the + icon next to your profile picture and then select the New Ticket option.
- Fill out the ticket form.
- While selecting a status, make sure to pick one to which the internal groups are mapped.
- The Assign to field corresponds to the primary group and primary agent of the ticket.
- Depending on the status, you can assign an internal group and agent from the list mapped to the status under the Internal group and Internal agent fields.
- Click on Create.
For an existing ticket:
Go to the ticket details page of the ticket for which you’d like to set up Shared Ownership.
- Under Ticket properties, choose a custom status that is mapped to the internal group to whom you’d like to assign the ticket.
- Under the Internal group and Internal agent fields, select the respective internal group and internal agent from the dropdown list.
- Click Update.
Click here to learn more about circumventing Automation rules that run on ticket updates that remove shared ownership.