We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
When you create a support portal with Freshdesk, you get a " .freshdesk.com" domain by default. If you want to host your support portal under a custom URL, like "support.yourcompany.com," you can point your custom URL to the Freshdesk domain you signed up with.
Here's how to do this:
- Go to Admin > Portals.
- Hover over the portal of your choice and click on Edit.
- Under Portal URL, add the custom support URL.
Note: We have updated the Portal settings and are rolling out this update in batches so some customers might not see the new Portal interface. If you don't view the new portal interface on your Freshdesk account, you will receive these updates by April, 2022.
- Once the CNAME value is generated, log on to your Domain Control Panel.
- In your Domain Control Panel, go to Admin tools > DNS Manager > Add CNAME record (This might vary based on where you are hosting your domain, please get in touch with your web hosting company for more help.)
- Copy the domain name and CNAME value from your Portal settings in Freshdesk.
- If your Domain Host is asking for a TTL (Time-To-Live), you can enter a value between 30 minutes to 1 hour or else leave it blank.
- Once you have added the CNAME record, return to your portal settings on Freshdesk.
- Click on the Save button on the top right to save your changes.
Once you have successfully incorporated your custom URL, your domain will be equipped with a complimentary SSL certificate provided by Let's Encrypt. This certificate serves to safeguard your customers' sensitive information from any potential malicious activities by third parties. The request for the SSL certificate will be automatically initiated once the CNAME mapping is effectively completed within your DNS portal.
Your portal is secured if the icon next to the Portal URL is green. If the icon is orange, your portal is not secured.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues in completing the process.