We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
Pre-requisite for integrating the Harvest app:
Customers who are new to the Harvest app must have 2FA authentication enabled in their Harvest account.
To install the Harvest app for Freshdesk, follow these steps:
- Login to your Freshdesk portal.
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Go to Support Operations → Apps.
- Search for Harvest and click Install.
- Type in your domain name, and the text that you want to be appended as a note (Remember that this is optional, but you could have your ticket id or subject here, for example).
- Click on Enable, and this will integrate your Freshdesk account with Harvest.
Now you can add your time tracking entry into Harvest. You can choose to update your time entries in Harvest when you Log Time under Time Logs manually for a particular ticket from the Ticket Details page. Check the Update on Harvest check box (to get your Harvest account ID and Personal Access Token refer to the FAQ below).
Note: Customers who are still on basic authentication on Harvest need to provide their User Name and Password instead of a Harvest Account ID and Access token. (The Username is the email address of the Administrator in Harvest). It is recommended that customers move to 2FA authentication in Harvest as the support for V1 Harvest APIs will be deprecated soon which work on basic authentication.
1. During the installation, I am getting an error message 'Invalid URL Format' while entering the URL. Why?
A : Please make sure you enter only the Harvest domain name. For eg, if your harvest URL is pirates.harvestapp.com, you should be entering only 'pirates'.
2. How do I find my Account Id and Personal Account Token (PAT)?
A: Login to Harvest > My profile > Security > Go to Harvest ID security settings > Developer tab > Use an existing PAT by clicking on it or create a new one > Get your Account ID and PAT details.
3. I am getting a popup that says 'Username or password incorrect/empty for Harvest' when I hit the 'Add Time' option inside a ticket (This is applicable only to those customers who are on basic authentication in Harvest.)
A : This could be either because the username or password is incorrect or the password is not being updated inside Freshdesk. You can try updating the password in the Harvest app and then try updating that password in Freshdesk. Please follow the steps below to update the password in the Harvest app:
Go to your Profile Menu (top right corner) and choose 'My Profile'
Go to the Security tab and click on 'Change Your Password'
Enter a password and confirm it
Save your password
4. Is it possible to show the exact start and stop time?
A : No, only the duration of the time will be shown.