We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
You can enable your Freddy Self-service bot to understand the intent of your customers in a conversation. You can set up questions and their variations to map them to an answer or a chatbot flow. The bot can detect the intent of the customer and direct them to the right answer. When you’ve properly configured your bot, this is what your customer will experience.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- A quick guide to setting up intents for your bot
- Train your bot and Questions
- A quick guide to consolidating feedback
- A quick guide to setting up Fallback
- Transfer to answers
A quick guide to setting up intents for your bot
- Login to your Freddy Self-service account as an Admin/Owner
- Select the required bot from the bot list and click Answers > Train from the menu. Make sure you’re setting up Answers for the latest version of your bot
- If this is your first time setting up Answers, click on the Start button
- You can add a new intent by typing the primary question from the Search / add Intent box. Based on the text here, the similar intents will show up as a list, and you can add them as variants to the primary intent. If there are no similar intents present, you can click the New question button to add this as a new intent
- Once you have configured the intent and the variants, you can map it to an Answer, Flow, or both. If you have connected both, then the answer will get triggered first, followed by the flow
- Use the Add variants button to keep adding multiple variants (new or existing) to this intent. You will get a notification if you add the same intent twice
Note: If any flow is marked as inactive or if the flow name is changed, the flow will not be triggered. You will be notified with the error message that the Mapped flow is unavailable with the flow name marked in red.
Train your bot and Questions
- All the questions that need to be improved will be listed in the Train your bot section. The tags are as
- unmapped if they haven’t been mapped to an answer or a flow,
- unhelpful if they’re marked as unhelpful by customers, and
- improve coverage if these intents have lesser than five variants or similar unmapped intents present in the training section.
- For any intents in this section, you can use the pencil icon to go to the Edit Intent screen.
- All the intents set up in your account are listed under Questions. You can use this section to keep track of the intent statistics, such as how many times they were sent, how helpful or not helpful they were. You can also make use of this section to edit or delete intents.
A quick guide to consolidating feedback
When enabled, feedback will be triggered after every answer given by the bot. You can also map flows to the Yes and No options. Based on what the customer picks, they will be taken to the mapped flow. If there is no mapped flow, a thank you message will be shown.
A quick guide to setting up Fallback
- Fallback flows will be triggered when the bot is not able to respond to the customer’s question. You can also set up variants to the fallback message. To do so, navigate to Configure > Fallback.
Connect the fallback message to any flow, so the customers are redirected to this flow whenever the bot cannot take the conversation further. You can also set it up to assign the conversation is assigned to an agent as a fallback flow.
Transfer to answers
Once you’ve mapped out the flows for all intents, you can also choose to transfer a conversation to the answers that you have set up. To make use of this,
- Add an action in the flow
- Pick the Transfer to answers action
Please write to email@example.com if you have any more questions; we’ll be happy to help you.