We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
Auto Triage, powered by Freddy, provides intelligent ticket field values by analyzing existing ticket data. This makes it easy to tag and classify tickets and also saves agents time and effort.
If Auto Triage is enabled for any ticket field, you will see Auto Triage suggestions for these fields for each ticket. For example, if your admin enables Auto Triage for the ticket field Status, you will start seeing suggestions for this field (open, closed, or pending) for all tickets. You can then choose to apply, modify, or reject the suggestions.
By default, Auto Triage will be enabled for the ticket field Priority. Auto Triage can also be enabled for Type and Group as default suggestions based on a few conditions. If you are an admin, you can also request Auto Triage for any other ticket fields. For details, see Set up Auto Triage to automatically classify incoming tickets.
In this article, you will learn about:
Viewing Auto Triage suggestions
Freddy suggestions are displayed for the fields for which Auto Triage is enabled.
- Log in to your Freshdesk account as an Agent.
- Go to the Tickets tab and click on the required ticket.
- On the ticket details page, under Properties, you will find suggestions by Freddy. You can also see the total number of suggestions available.
- Click on the drop-down to view the suggestions for each ticket field. In the example below, Auto Triage suggestions are available for fields Type, Priority, and Status with the suggested values at the bottom of each field - L2 Support, Low, and Open.
- Alternatively, you can also view the suggestions at each field level. If a suggestion is available for the field, you will see the Freddy icon next to it. Click on the field to see the suggestion at the top of the drop-down list.
You can choose to accept, reject, or ignore the suggestion.
Managing Auto Triage suggestions
You can choose to accept, reject, or Auto Triage suggestions from Freddy.
When you accept a suggestion, you approve the suggestion provided by Freddy and update the ticket field value accordingly. You can accept a suggestion from the ‘Freddy suggestions’ drop-down or from an individual ticket field’s drop-down.
- Under Properties, click on the drop-down to view the list of suggestions. By default, all suggestions will be selected.
- Click Apply to accept the suggestions.
- Click Update to update the ticket properties with accepted suggestions.
- Alternatively, to accept a suggestion at the field level from an individual field drop-down, select the respective field, click on the Freddy Suggestion displayed at the top of the drop-down list, and click Update.
When you ignore a Freddy suggestion, you take no action on the suggestion. Other agents accessing the same ticket will continue to see the ignored suggestions. They can choose to accept, reject, or ignore.
- Under Properties, click on the drop-down to view the Auto Triage suggestions. By default, all values will be selected.
- If you do not want to accept the suggestion, uncheck the suggestions provided.
- Click Apply and update the ticket properties.
Note: Updating the ticket will only update values for the fields that were checked, and all unchecked values will not be changed.
Rejecting a suggestion
Rejecting a Freddy suggestion implies that you overwrite the suggestion with a more appropriate field value. For example, if the Freddy suggestion for ticket field Type is Order Issues, but you think the Type should be Payment Issues, you can reject the suggestion and choose the desired option.
Once rejected, other agents will not see the Freddy suggestions anymore.
- Click on the ticket field to view the list of suggestions. The Freddy suggestion is displayed at the top.
- Scroll down to select another value and click Update.
- Once you reject a suggestion and update a different value, other agents will only see the updated field value for the particular ticket.
Note: Freddy’s suggestion will not show up for the ticket for other agents if a suggestion is rejected.