If you are an existing Freshdesk user using the Freshdesk Portal without customizations, you can quickly switch to the Marina theme.
If you are an existing Freshdesk user with a customized Freshdesk portal, you will have to make changes to your current Portal on the Code Editor after switching to Marina. Since your Portal customizations will be void after switching to the Marina theme, you will have to redo those customizations on the Code Editor.
If you are an existing customer with a customized portal, you must make changes to your existing customization. The new Marina theme uses a different layout, introducing new elements and classes. Since the layout and elements used are different, the same CSS or HTML used on the older version will not hold good.
Please note that the elements, colors, style, and font size used in the Marina theme are the recommended WCAG components. When you customize these elements, we recommend you stick to the recommendation provided by WCAG to stay compliant.
How to use the same code while creating a new portal?
If you already use multiple portals and have customized and rebranded them to your needs, here are a few quick things to note to reuse the same code when creating more portals.
- Go to Admin > Portals and click on customize
- You can view the list of themes available in your account. You should see the new Marina theme and Mint Freshdesk theme (Your current theme applied to the portal).
- Click on the “More” icon and download the zip file
- Once you click the download button, the zip file is emailed to your email address. (Please ensure that the email address is a verified agent’s email address since the emails will not be delivered to an unverified agent's email address)
- Click on the link to download the zip file (make sure you are logged in on the same tab, or you will be asked to log in to download the file)
- A zip file named mint.zip will be downloaded.
Once you have downloaded the zip file,
- Go to Admin > Portals
- Choose the portal of your choice and click on customize
- Click import, and upload the mint.zip file.
- Once imported, you will see the imported theme by the name “Mint Freshdesk”
- Click the edit button on the “Mint Freshdesk” theme.
Please note that this is a critical step since the imported code will only be in draft until you publish, and it is vital to publish the code before making it live.
- Click on bulk publish to see all the code in the draft state.
- Select bulk publish and click on publish.
- Once published successfully, you can click on the “More” button to apply the imported theme.
Note: The imported theme will only be on the old layout; hence, new features like apps on the customer portal and WCAG compliance will not be applicable.
You will have to customize the Marina theme to use the new features. When customizing the theme, you must also be mindful of the WCAG compliance guidelines.