Note: This feature is in Beta and is available on request. Head over to the community discussion here to request access.
Freshdesk's help widget is the new, beautiful feedback widget that is easy to set up. It does more than just collecting feedback and creating support requests. It enables you to be present and engage with your customer without disrupting their experience.
You can now enable customers to search for solutions in the knowledge base. You can customize its color, background, and the position on the screen.
You can set up the widget in a way to show a simple form with the basic fields like name, email, subject and description. Or, you can set up a detailed form that displays all the ticket fields you have configured inside Freshdesk. You can choose to allow users to attach files.
You have the option to enable captcha to avoid spam requests from being created as tickets.
A quick guide to setting up the Help widget:
Log into your support portal as an Administrator.
Click on Admin > Support Channels > Widgets.
Click on Create a new widget button. Give the widget a name relevant to where the widget will be embedded.
If you have multiple products set up in Freshdesk, choose the product you want the widget to be associated with.
Once you create the widget, you will be able to see three tabs.
Add a welcome message relevant to where the widget will be placed. This will appear on the top of the widget.
Choose a widget launcher text.
Select the type of contact form you want to embed. You can choose a simple contact form with just four fields — name, email, subject, and description. Or, you can choose a form that displays all the ticket fields that you’ve configured under Admin > Ticket Fields.
- Give your form a title, a name for the submit button, and a message once the user has submitted the form.
- Use the toggle to allow users to attach files when submitting the form.
- The other toggle will prevent spam tickets from being created by enabling captcha.
- If you wish to show solution articles to users, turn the toggle on.
- Between neutral and optimizing for deflection, you can choose one of the two approaches depending on your goals.
- If you'd like to prevent customers from contacting you before they've read a solution article, you can choose the approach Optimize for deflection. The contact form will appear only if your customers read through a solution article and mark it as 'Not helpful'.
- You can customize how and where your widget appears on your website.
- Fix the positioning of the widget.
- Choose a color scheme (either a gradient or a solid color) for the widget's banner. You can even add a pattern on top of your color scheme. Then, you can also pick a color for the launcher button.
- Frustration tracking
- If you have Session Replay integrated, you can enable 'Frustration tracking' on your website using the widget.
- Use the toggle to turn the option on.
- Specify the domains you'd like to enable this tracking for.
- The widget will now pop up on these domains whenever the user does a rage click. A rage click is a couple of clicks made during a short timespan - a behaviour typical of users when a button or link on your website is not working.
- You can set the header message and additional description that will show up when a rage click happens.
- Users will be able to submit a ticket using this popup.
- Set up a 'Thank you' message under 'Form submit message' to show up when customers click on Submit after explaining their situation.Once the ticket comes in, your agents can see recent sessions on the sidebar (with Session Replay), when reading the ticket, to see where users rage clicked or where they ran into a problem before responding with an appropriate solution or next step.
- Embed code
A code snippet is automatically generated based on the customization you’ve done for the widget.
Copy the code to embed it on the website you want it to appear.
Changes you make to the widget once it has been embedded on the product or website, will be automatically updated.
- Your existing popup feedback widgets will continue to work, but you'll no longer be able to access the settings for it from Admin.
- Your existing embedded feedback widgets will work, and you'll be able to create new embedded widgets from a renamed section under Admin > Feedback form.