When you integrate Freshdesk with Google Analytics, you can get a quick idea of what customers are looking for in your support portal, which solution articles get the most traffic, and where your customers spend their time in your portal. You can use this information to drive content in your knowledge base, and fine tune solution articles.
Quick Guide to integrate Freshdesk with Google Analytics:
To integrate Google Analytics with your helpdesk, you'll first have to create a new property in your Analytics account:
- You can do this from the Admin section after you login to Google Analytics
- Click on + Create property under any of your existing accounts
- If this is the first time you're using Google Analytics, you'll have to set up a new account and then create a new property
- Under what would you like to track, choose website
- Give your support portal a name, specify your support portal URL
- Choose your timezone and click the Get Tracking ID button
Once you're done, you'll be taken to a new page that lists your tracking ID that begins with 'UA'. Copy the tracking ID.
- Log into your Freshdesk account as an Admin.
- Go to Admin > Apps.
- Click on 'Get More Apps' from the top right and search for Google Analytics.
- You will be prompted to enter the Google Analytics Tracking ID you just copied. Key it in, and click Enable. Click Update in case you are updating the tracking ID based on a new property you created on Google Analytics.
And you are done! The stats from your Freshdesk support portal should start appearing in your Analytics account in a while. Please note that this information will not show up in your Freshdesk account, but only in Google Analytics. You can learn how to enable site search so that you can track search terms here.