We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
With the Freshdesk-Freshsales integration, you will now see a new agent role called Freshsales agent to control and manage your Freshsales user’s access privileges in Freshdesk.
The new role will be available in the following scenarios:
- When you sign up for Freshsales Suite via Freshdesk
- When you install the Freshdesk app from Freshsales Suite
If your existing Freshsales users have no Freshdesk access, they will be mapped as Freshsales agents in Freshdesk. However, users with existing Freshdesk roles will continue to retain the same.
How does the integration help you?
With the enhanced integration, your sales agents get instant access to their contact’s support tickets directly on Freshdesk.
- Collaborate between your sales and support teams at ease
- Allow sales agents to quickly access support tickets and perform support tasks like updating ticket properties or responding to tickets directly on Freshdesk
- Control and manage sales agents with the new Freshsales agent role
Check out this article for more details on viewing Freshdesk tickets from Freshsales.
How to view the Freshsales agent permissions?
To view the default permissions of a Freshsales agent:
- As an admin, go to Freshdesk > Admin > Roles.
Note: You can view the default permissions assigned, but you cannot edit them.
- Select Freshsales agent. Under permissions, you can see the access given to a Freshsales agent for different categories:
Freshsales agent permissions
|Modules||What can Freshsales agents do?||What Freshsales agents can't do?|
If you are a Freshdesk admin, note the following restrictions in managing Freshsales agents:
- It is not allowed to add new Freshsales agents from Freshdesk. You can add them only via Freshsales.
For this reason, you will not see the “Freshsales agent” role while adding new agents in Freshdesk. However, you can still delete the Freshsales agents from Freshdesk.
- Since Freshsales agents are specific to Freshsales, you cannot assign them to any tickets in Freshdesk.
- The Freshsales agents have limited capabilities within Freshdesk. You can see the list of permissions in the table above.
- You cannot use the “convert to agent” option in Freshdesk to convert contacts to Freshsales agents.