SLA reminders notify the right people when a ticket approaches its SLA deadline. This way, you can be certain that all your customers get responses quickly and have their issue resolved on time.
If a ticket breaches its SLA, escalation rules bring it to the attention of the right people. It makes it easy for people to follow-up and ensure no customer gets a delayed response.
You can have people notified either right within Freshdesk or via email.
Steps to set-up a reminder
Go to Admin > General Settings > SLA Policy
Select the SLA that you need to add reminders to
- Under " Remind agents when the SLA due time approaches" You can set up separate reminders for when the ticket approaches its first response, the next response, and resolution target
- You can choose to send a reminder to the assigned agent or other team members
- Freshdesk shows a warning if the SLA target is shorter than the time to remind agents
- Click Save to finish setting up your SLA reminders
- If you'd like to receive the notifications via email, make sure that you've gotten the reminder emails enabled under Admin-> Email notifications-> Agent notifications
- If you need your team to be notified within the app, click on the bell icon on the top right of your screen then click on settings to have them enabled
Steps to set up an escalation
- Go to Admin > General Settings > SLA policies
Click Edit for the SLA that you wish to add escalation to
You can choose to have escalation emails or notifications sent only for tickets under a certain priority. Make sure you toggle on for the escalation reminder next to the targets
In the field Send escalation when the SLA is violated, define the escalation rule and name the agent to whom the escalation email should be sent.
You can set up a single escalation rule when a ticket is not responded to on time, and a maximum of 4 levels of escalation when a ticket is not resolved on time.
- Once you're done, click Save