We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
The Freshdesk-PagerDuty integration helps your teams to manage, track, and triage all your incidents from one centralized location. With this integration, you can sync your PagerDuty incidents with Freshdesk and keep up with all of its updates.
With the Freshdesk-PagerDuty integration, you will be able to
- Notify on-call responders based on alerts sent from Freshdesk.
- Create and link high and low urgency incidents based on the priority of the event from Freshdesk
- Synchronize incidents and escalations across PagerDuty and Freshdesk as you create.
- Auto-resolve incidents in PagerDuty when the metric in Datadog returns to normal with bidirectional synchronization.
Integrating the PagerDuty app to your Freshdesk instance:
- Go to Admin > Support Operations > Apps
- Search for PagerDuty > Click on install
- For the authentication key, click on the Profile Setting from the right bar, → API key should be available under Your Admin Key section in the right corner.
- The PagerDuty authentication key should be available inside PagerDuty under Configuration > API Access.
- You can add an integration from PagerDuty in two ways
- Integrating with an existing service: Click the name of the service you want to add an integration to and select the Integrations tab and click the New Integrations button
- Integrating with a new service: Please read our documentation in the section Configuring Services and Integrations and follow the steps outlined in the Create a New Service section, selecting Freshdesk as the Integration Type in step 4. Continue with the In Freshdesk section (below) once you have finished these steps.
- Click on Create New API Key. An Integration Key will be generated on this screen. Keep this key saved in a safe place, as it will be used when you configure the integration with Freshdesk in the next section.
- Fill in the API key from Freshdesk and PagerDuty with the registered email ID to authenticate and install the PagerDuty app in your Freshdesk account.
Integrating with a PagerDuty Service:
- Log in to your PagerDuty account
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
Now, there are two ways to add an integration to a service:
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service: Click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then, select the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- If you are creating a new service for your integration: Please read our documentation in the section Configuring Services and Integrations and follow the steps outlined in the Create a New Service section, selecting Freshdesk as the Integration Type in step 4. Continue with the In Freshdesk section (below) once you have finished these steps.
- Enter ‘Freshdesk’ integration and select ‘PagerDuty Freshdesk integration’ Integration Type menu.
- Click the Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations tab for your service.
An Integration Key will be generated on this screen. Keep this key saved in a safe place, as it will be used when you configure the integration with Freshdesk in the next section.
Once your PagerDuty integration is complete, you can start linking incidents from your Freshdesk account to PagerDuty.
For instance, when several tickets are reported by your customers (incident) in Freshdesk, you can create a tracker ticket, link all the relevant tickets to the tracker, and link it to an incident Pagerduty account below.
You can also create a new incident, link or unlink an existing incident on PagerDuty from within Freshdesk and link it to the tracker ticket. This way you'll be able to seamlessly capture all your incidents.
If you need more help with this integration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.