Depending on your team's workflows, you can automate synchronisation between a tracker and its related tickets.
Here are some examples of workflows you can automate
- Change the priority of the tracker ticket depending on the number of related tickets
- Sync relevant private notes from related tickets to the tracker ticket
- Notify an admin when the number of related tickets crosses a limit
- Update ticket properties when a ticket is being linked to a tracker
In this article, we'll have a look at how to automate workflows when
- A ticket is being linked to a tracker ticket
- An update is made to an existing related or tracker ticket
Automating workflows when a ticket is being linked to a tracker ticket
- Go to Admin → Helpdesk Productivity → Automations → Rules that run on ticket updates
- Under "Involves any of the events", choose Ticket is Linked
- If you'd like to change the priority of the tracker ticket when it has more than 10 linked tickets added to it, under "On tickets with these properties" choose In tickets if Related ticket count on tracker is greater than 10.
- Under "Perform these actions" add On the tracker ticket Set priority as High
Automating workflows when an update is made to a related or tracker ticket
Here's an example of setting up a rule to add any public notes on related tickets to the tracker ticket
Go to Admin → Helpdesk Productivity → Automations → Rules that run on ticket updates
Select agent in “When an action is performed by”
Under "On tickets with these properties" choose the conditions " if association type" is Related
Under "Involves any of these events", choose note is added- Public note
Under "On tickets with these properties" choose In tickets, if association type is related
Perform an action that adds a note on the tracker ticket. By clicking the green plus icon on the bottom right of the text editor, you can add placeholders for the related ticket URL and the last public note
Click Preview and save
You can trigger similar workflows by choosing the "association type" of a ticket as a tracker or a related ticket.